Monday, September 20, 2010

Site for sore eyes and a hungry palate

A friend of mine recommend this website to me a couple of months ago and I perused it a bit and thought it worth sharing. The writer of this blog/website is a stay at home mom with four boys who also gardens and makes everything from scratch. As I dug in further to her site I could tell that she believes similarly as me that if God didn't make it, we shouldn't eat it. When I noticed somewhere on her FAQ page that she is a fellow WAP (Weston A Price) momma, I knew I had to plug her page.

Check out heavenlyhomeaker.com for recipes, gardening tips, and more. For those of you trying to figure out the "soaking the grains" thing and have still not bought the cookbook Nourishing Traditions, her site offers recipes. Just this morning I made her breakfast cake recipe. And the name breakfast "cake" is no misnomer. This dish should be accompanied by a birthday candle and singing! In my opinion it is way too sweet to be an appropriate breakfast choice but if you cut the honey down to 1/4 cup (even 1/2 a cup would be an improvement over 3/4 cup), add dried nuts for protein, and serve with a cup of raw milk, buttermilk, or kefir then you have a decent breakfast that can be eaten on the go. You could even send a couple of pieces of high quality nitrate free bacon or sausage to go with it.

If you make any of her recipes that you like let me know. I love to share the good, bad, and disgusting so we can learn from each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment