Monday, September 20, 2010

Pork Steak with Green Onions

From our kitchen:

Pork Steaks with Green Onions

3-4 Pork Steaks (our came from truefields.com)
1/4 cup farm fresh or homemade butter
1/4 cup organic soy sauce
1 bunch green onions (organic of course!)
2 garlic cloves

Melt butter in skillet and brown onions and garlic slightly. Add soy sauce and steaks. Cover and cook 8-10 minutes on each side and then another 10 minutes with the lid off.

I served this with pineapple chutney and a red cabbage recipe from Nourishing Traditions. Each item complemented the others well. A friend of mine mentioned on her blog that she has trouble coming up with side dishes that are not carbs. This red cabbage recipe is one of my favorites and I do not normally like cabbage. And a s a bonus, it's and an easy and cheap recipe! Seriously, buy the cookbook. I promise I do not have a financial relationship with them. It's just that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment