Monday, January 10, 2011

Warm Up To Melanie

I realized a moment ago as I curled up with one of my favorite comforting hot beverages on this snowy night, that I cannot keep this secret to myself. I must go now and blog this simple cozy recipe. Now!

Here is how you make a Melanie.

Warm raw milk on the stove just enough that it is pleasurable to drink. Be careful not to get it too hot and pasteurize it! (Gosh I wish I could see people's faces when they read that :) If it's boiling, you've gone too far.

Pour into your favorite mug and add a drop of pure organic vanilla. As you stir be sure to take in that soothing aroma. The smell alone is almost as comforting as being wrapped in the quilt my grandmother made for me. Almost.

This warm creamy beverage was named by my myself and my old best friend, Carly in Junior High after a beloved character from our favorite movie at the time. The character was genuinely sweet, not too sweet mind you, reliable, comforting, and nourishing. Okay, I must tell you that is was Melanie Hamilton from Gone With The Wind. Cheesy, isn't it? None the less, you will love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment